BEFORE PROCEDURE RESTRICTIONS
To prepare for the procedure, it is important that you follow the list of pre-procedure restrictions listed below prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin, Vitamin E, or any non-vital medications that may thin the blood at least 24 hours before your appointment.
- Do not get a wax or tint 3 days before.
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Do not apply eye makeup before or after procedure
- Do keep in mind that if you are scheduled during your menstrual cycle you will be more sensitive.
- The following are not recommended for at least 30 days prior the procedure:
- Botox and / or fillers
- Fruit or milk acids
- Laser treatments
- Chemical peelings
- Exposure to strong sunlight
If you have any questions about these restrictions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're happy to help!
AFTER PROCEDURE CARE
To ensure that you have long lasting results, please follow the post-procedure aftercare tips:
- Keep the eyebrow area clean and sterile at all times.
- Do not expose eyebrows to water or any products for two days post procedure.
- Use a mild soap to cleanse the area for the first 7-10 days.
- Reapply Aquaphor or A&D after cleansing & apply a light layer before showering.
- Don’t scratch, rub or pick at the treated area. Scabbing and/or dry skin are normal, so let it heal naturally. Picking can create an infection and cause scarring!
- Use a clean cotton swab to apply Aquaphor to the eyebrows five times daily for the first 7-10 days.
- Avoid heavy exercise and sweating for at least 7-10 days
- Avoid sleeping on your face for at least 10 days
- If possible, avoid direct sunlight for at least a month.if you must be in the sun, wear a hat and use sunblock on treated area to preserve color pigmentation
- Avoid saunas, jacuzzis, chlorine pools, ocean water contact and steam rooms for 30 days.
- The following treatments are not recommended 30 days after the procedure:
- Chemical peels
If you have any unexpected problems with healing, please contact J Microblading immediately, to discuss further instructions.