The following restrictions and tips are intended to help provide the most successful and easy microblading experience. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
BEFORE PROCEDURE RESTRICTIONS
To prepare for the procedure, it is important that you follow the list of pre-procedure restrictions listed below prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin, Vitamin E, or any non-vital medications that may thin blood 24 hours before your appointment.
- Do not get a wax or tint 3 days before.
- Do not go tanning in or outdoors or have a sunburned face
* The skin must not be in the inflammatory process or the process of healing and regeneration before each treatment
- Do not work out the day of
as body heat will expand the pores
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Do not apply eye makeup before or after procedure
- Do keep in mind that if you are scheduled during your menstrual cycle you will be more sensitive.
The following treatments are not recommended 30 days before the treatment:
- Botox and / or fillers
- Fruit or milk acids
- Laser treatments
- Chemical peelings
- Exposure to strong sunlight
If you have any questions about these restrictions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're happy to help!
AFTER PROCEDURE CARE
To ensure that you have long lasting results, please follow the post-procedure aftercare tips outlined below.
- Keep the area clean and sterile
- Do not expose eyebrows to water or any products for ideally two days post procedure
- Absolutely no cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 2 weeks
WHICH ONE BETWEEN THESE TWO
Use mild soap to cleanse area for the first 7-10 days reapplying Aquaphor or A&D after cleansing & a light layer before showering
- Don’t scratch, rub or pick at the treated area, let it heal on its own. Scabbing or dry skin are normal and a part of the process so let it heal naturally. Hands may contain bacteria and create an infection
(YES TO THIS?) Use clean cotton-swab to apply A&D or Aquaphor to eyebrows 5 times daily for the first 7-10 days. Picking can cause scaring
- Avoid heavy sweating for at least two weeks
no working out
(ADD TO ABOVE?) For the first 2 days after the procedure apply a thin layer of Vaseline to the area before working out
(OR?) Avoid strenuous exercise for 3 days after procedure, after three days apply a thin layer of Aquaphor before working out
- Avoid sleeping on your face for at least 10 days
- Avoid the sun for at least a month and if you can’t help it, always cover the treated area
- Use sunblock on treated area during healing process to reserve color pigmentation
- (YES?) Avoid contact with animals, gardening, sun, sauna, Jacuzzi, chlorine pools, ocean & steam room. Wear a hat to shield area for at least the first 7-10 days
- Avoid heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there are a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
The following treatments are not recommended 30 days after the treatment:
- Chemical peels
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact Microblading LA immediately, to discuss further instructions.
Contact a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYONE’S SKIN IS DIFFERENT SO THE RESULTS VARY FROM ONE PERSON TO THE NEXT. THIS MEANS THAT THE TATTOO MAY FADE AND WITH SOME PEOPLE COMPLETELY DISAPPEAR. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A RISK YOU ARE TAKING. PERMANENT MAKEUP IS AN ART AND NOT A SCIENCE SO IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ALTHOUGH 95% OF CLIENTS HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PROCEDURE, SOME DON’T. SOME PEOPLE’S SKIN DOES NOT TAKE THE TATTOO SO IT FADES PARTIALLY AND OR FULLY AND THAT IS A MAJOR RISK YOU ARE TAKING.
YOU WILL BE GIVEN A CONCENT FORM WHEN YOU ARRIVE WHICH WILL OUTLINE THIS AND MORE IN DETAIL, BUT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CALL US BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT.